ads

Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Karims Old Delhi !!


Mutton Seek Kebab

Many of you must have already started feeling hungry after reading the title. Well, it is indeed a paradise for non-vegetarian lovers. Been born and brought up in Delhi I had not been to Karim's until last month. I guess I wasted 26 years of my life if I think now. The amazing part of this place is not just the food but the atmosphere around the place and history associated with it. Honestly, the reason I decided to go to Karim's was for the Khameeri Roti. Well, it is called a normal tandoori roti their but it is Khameeri Roti and I can just go and eat the roti. It is so damn delicious trust me.
Khameeri Roti
I will suggest you guys to use a public transport to go there as finding parking can be really difficult. You can park your car somewhere nearby and take a cycle rickshaw. Those who are still interested in taking their car find empty spaces if you are lucky. There will be someone who will help you park the Car and might charge anything between Rs 10 to 50, no parking slips just unofficial stuff. Still, I will recommend public transport. Old Delhi Jama Masjid area is always crowded and aroma of  Kebabs can be smelt from as far as 2 Kilometres.


 Well, the atmosphere is similar to a concert of a well-known band with people lots of people all around and as many restaurants which can serve that many people. But one iconic restaurant that stands out is Karim's. It is inside a narrow lane with 3 different sitting areas to cater to a large number of food lovers. As you enter you will see Kebabs and Tikkas being prepared and on the other side Curries being served.
Mutton Curry
I ordered for Mutton Burra, Mutton Seek Kebab and Shami Kebab for starters. They were really nice and had nice flavors and were properly cooked. Definitely, try Mutton Burra it was the yummiest. The quantity is less so order accordingly. For the main course had ordered for Mutton Korma, Mutton Stew, and Keema-Matar. The best was the Mutton Stew the curry was really nice and interesting and it stood out taste wise among the 3. Keema-Matar was also good but had too much Matar(Peas) for my liking. I was disappointed but Mutton Korma as the Mutton was not well cooked as it was hard to chew but the curry was nice. I and my friends wanted to try the Mutton Biryani as well so we ordered but it was not at all great. I would not recommend Karim's for biryani lovers. Well after such a heavy and spicy meal you need something sweet. My mom who has a sweet-tooth told me there is a separate section in the stomach for desserts ( ahh what an excuse) but I believe in it. So I ordered the very famous "Phirni" it was nice but I have had better. Nothing great to offer for vegetarians but you will get Dal Makhani and Shahi Paneer. They do not accept cards so guys if you are planning to go make sure you are carrying cash.
Shami Kebab
Mutton Korma

Keema-Matar
Mutton Stew



Phirni

Mutton Burra
  

4 comments:

  1. I love the food at Karim's. Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I missed on the Roti and the Burra the last time I was there :-) ... now this makes me want to plan a trip to Delhi!

    ReplyDelete