ads

Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Black Chana- Quick and Easy Recipe

The recipes I share here are for people who eat limited stuff in vegetarian food. I am not a big fan of green vegetables or pulses(dal). The only dal I love is Dal-Makhani. I have a limited menu when it comes to vegetarian homemade food. I remember being in hostel and asking people what is the menu for lunch from the balcony and as soon I and my roommate got to know it is some green dal or tindey we used to head out to the local dhaba for some nice chicken curry. Well I am sure many of you must be tired of the eating the dhaba food or restaurant. So here I am sharing a very simple Black-Chana recipe. It is a very easy recipe and for first timers.
I hope you guys will like it.



Recipe (Kala Chana) :
Ingredients:- 
  1. 1 cup Kale Chana (Black Chickpeas)- Soak them in water over night
  2. 2 big onions or 3 small onions (Finely Chopped)
  3. 2 tomatoes
  4. 1 Tbsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
  5. 3 Tbsp Oil
  6. Pinch of Hing(Asafoetida)
  7. 1 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
  8. 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
  9. 1/2 Tbsp Haldi(Turmeric powder)
  10. 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
  11. 2 green chilly
  12. Chopped coriander
  13. Salt to taste
Method
Heat oil in pan and add hing, jeera, ginger garlic paste and onions. Fry onions till golden brown. Take tomatoes and chilly and make a puree. Add the puree into the pan (containing fried onions). After that add red chilly powder, haldi and garam masala. Cook till the mixture starts leaving oil and then Turn of the gas.

Put soaked Chana in pressure cooker (don't throw the water used for soaking Chana overnight) and boil. Pressure cook it for 5-6 whistles. Let the steam get out and then only open the pressure cooker.

Put the mixture from the pan into the pressure cooker and add salt to taste. Then pressure cook it for 1-2 whistle. Add chopped coriander and stir it.


Congratulations the Kale Chana are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment